- Nearly 300 people who bought tickets to the Fyre Festival have won a collective $2 million payout in a class-action settlement.
- The now-infamous 2017 music event was canceled the day it was scheduled to start.
- Original ticket prices started at $500, VIP packages were as much as $12,000!
- Tickets actually sold out in hours!
- Each person will each get $7,220 pending final approval next month.
- Fyre Media touted the Bahamas-based music festival as the “cultural experience of the decade”, promising 8,000 attendees luxury beach huts and superstar performances.
- But, when people arrived, they found disaster relief tents to stay in and cold cheese sandwiches to eat.
- Do you know someone who actually purchased tickets to the Festival and went?